Northern California – Hayward Office
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Professional Mechanical Engineer, California
19 years of experience at the Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) in the Engineering Division (formerly Permit Services Division) as an Air Quality Engineer/Senior Air Quality Engineer.
- Evaluated permit applications for new/modified and existing sources, and emissions banking for compliance with applicable federal, state, and local air quality laws.
- Specialized in permits for combustion sources such as turbines and HRSGs at combined cycle power plants and boilers at industrial and commercial facilities. Experience in processing and handling Major Facility (Title V) and PSD (Prevention of Significant Deterioration) permits.
- Represented the District at public hearings. Coordinated responses to public and industrial inquiries regarding regulation interpretation, compliance measures, and potential health risks.
- Experience in development of rules to regulate emissions of nitrogen oxides. Lead role in the developing BAAQMD Regulation 9, Rule 10 (Nitrogen Oxides from Refinery Boilers and Heaters); assisted in development of Regulations 9, Rule 7 (Nitrogen Oxides from Industrial and Commercial Boilers and Heaters), Regulation 9, Rule 9 (NOx from stationary gas turbines), and Regulation 9, Rule 11 (NOx from utility boilers).
5 years of experience at Coen Company as Application Engineer/Lead Application Engineer.
- Prepared and wrote proposals in response to RFPs (request for quotations) for combustion equipment, control systems, and other ancillary mechanical equipment.
- Developed automated cost estimating and proposal writing programs.
- Supported Coen’s independent sales representatives. Participated in joint sales calls and technical presentations to prospective customers.
Mechanical Design Engineer (PG&E)
- Prepared design layouts and specifications for fully automated gas withdrawal/injection underground storage wells. Provided technical guidance to designers and drafters.
Telephone: 800-8-LOW-NOX (800-856-9669)
Mailing Address: 3120 Diablo Avenue, Hayward, California 94545